ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Creating an inspirational Book on how people came into Sikh dharm
Posted by: Sunsingh (IP Logged)
Date: June 14, 2008 12:59PM

There have been threads on numerous forums documenting the reasons why people came into the Sikh dharm. It would be great to make these very inspirational stories into a pdf file for distribution.

However, one thing is that these threads do not solely contain inspiriational accounts of how people were graced by the Guru. They also have debates. Needless to say, the inspirational value of such a thread (although still amazing) is somewhat reduced by the bickering.

It also creates confusion for people interested in taking Amrit. I have been told by some people who were interested in taking Amrit that they were hesitant to do so b/c they did not know who was right. They felt uncertain and were even turned off from taking Amrit !!

So, I know this may be contentious, but what do sangat think of putting together all sangat's experiences on what brought them into Sikhi, but editing it to remove these charged debates which only serve to reduce the parchaar value of such an amazing collection of true stories? Such a book could be used for parchaar inline with the belief of any jathabandi. Also, if people don't want their story edited in such a manner they can say so and their story won't be included if they wish.

btw, I'm not discussing removing them from forum threads, just from a future pdf book that may be created. I'm really interested in hearing people's opinions on this very important topic.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib