ਰਹਿਣੀਰਹੈਸੋਈਸਿਖਮੇਰਾ॥ ਓੁਹਸਾਹਿਬਮੈਉਸਕਾਚੇਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Angels
Posted by: hopeless (IP Logged)
Date: June 17, 2008 11:38AM

when I see the word 'Angels' ,I can only think of in terms of the western thinking and descriptions in movies etc. of angels and not anything in sikhi.......i always thought we had saheed singhs as representation of angels in our faith but the following line in the account of the Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev Ji makes me wonder, what are angels from the sikh perspective?
"The Guru smiled and asked Mian Mir to look towards the skies. It is said that Mian Mir saw Angels begging the Guru's permission to destroy the wicked and the proud."
please discuss.

Re: Angels
Posted by: oothpathang (IP Logged)
Date: June 17, 2008 12:20PM

Maybe angels exist in another reality just as other entities exist such as Devte, Daints, Yaksh, Kinar, Ghosts etc all exist within the creation of Vaheguru.

Re: Angels
Posted by: Bundha (IP Logged)
Date: June 18, 2008 01:50AM

I think there is a term in gurbani used called "Pucharaa" and I thnk these are females from other worlds. Just like we live on MaatLoke, there are other places like - Shivpuri, Brahmpuri, Indrpuri etc the females that live here are supposed to be tall and elegant, these are mosy likely angels to our eyes. I think there are one set of things but looked upon by various groups differently and named differently. So the west may call them angels we call them pushraa. In the same way it is said the the greek god Zeus is Indra Devta in eastern culture.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib