ਬੰਧਨਤੋਰਿਛੋਰਿਬਿਖਿਆਤੇਗੁਰਕੋਸਬਦੁਮੇਰੈਹੀਅਰੈਦੀਨ॥
ਰੂਪੁਅਨਰੂਪੁਮੋਰੋਕਛੁਨਬੀਚਾਰਿਓਪ੍ਰੇਮਗਹਿਓਮੋਹਿਹਰਿਰੰਗਭੀਨ॥੧॥
ਪੇਖਿਓਲਾਲਨੁਪਾਟਬੀਚਖੋਏਅਨਦਚਿਤਾਹਰਖੇਪਤੀਨ॥
ਤਿਸਹੀਕੋਗ੍ਰਿਹੁਸੋਈਪ੍ਰਭੁਨਾਨਕਸੋਠਾਕੁਰੁਤਿਸਹੀਕੋਧੀਨ॥੨॥੧॥੨੦॥
(ਅੰਘ ੭੧੬)

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਜੀੳ,

Q's/Comments:

- ਅਹੰ ਰੋਗ - is this one word or two? my gut reaction is that it is two words but just checking.

- ਮੋਹਿ - when and when don't we pronounce the siharee regarding this word? pls give examples.

- ਅਨਦ - i haven't read joginder singh talwara's books but a singh told me that he was of the opinion that this word should be pronounced, similar to it's occurrence towards the end of anand sahib, as it appears i.e. without a nasal sound before the last letter. is this correct? if so i guess he must have thought that there is such a word as ਅਨਦ. what are your thoughts kulbeer singh jee?

- ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਕੋ ਗ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਸੋਈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ; ਨਾਨਕ , ਸੋ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਕੋਧੀਨ - is that the right way to do bishraamaa(n)? i.e. ; means a bishraam and , means a jhamkee.

- ਗ੍ਰਿਹੁ - should aunkharD always be pronounced with this word or never or sometimes...if so, why/why not?

- ਧੀਨ - when the letter ਧ appears at the beginning of words is it always a soft sound i.e. dharam. or is it sometimes a stronger sound when it appears at the beginning of words...the same stronger sound it is when it appears at the end of words like yudh? i am unsure about the word dheeraj which if i remember correctly begins with this letter - should it be a soft or strong sound?

it would be excellent if someone could write-up the different sounds various letters have, dependent on which words/which position within words the letters appear, so that there could be rules established. this would take the guesswork out of it all for people like me who do not have in-depth santhiyaa knowledge.

dhanvaad.

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Re: ਹੁਕਮਨਾਮਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ - hukamnama sahib : 10/7/08
Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: July 18, 2008 06:37AM

ਵੀਰ ਕੁਲਬੀਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀੳ,

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੋ.

ਦਾਸ,