ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Bhai Raam Singh & Writing Banee
Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: August 03, 2008 07:27AM

vjkkvjkf

I've heard of a gursikh that Bhai Raam Singh Jee previous jathdar of AKJ-India
wrote a Laarvaar Saroop, and then sat through a akhand paath with his singhnee. Can any confirm this i know theres more to the sakhee please can anyone fill in the details.

Also is the same Bhai Raam Singh as in Rangley Saajan?

Pic of bhai sahib on the right handside
[akj.org]

vjkkvjkf

Re: Bhai Raam Singh & Writing Banee
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: August 05, 2008 07:15AM

--------
I've heard of a gursikh that Bhai Raam Singh Jee previous jathdar of AKJ-India
wrote a Laarvaar Saroop, and then sat through a akhand paath with his singhnee. Can any confirm this i know theres more to the sakhee please can anyone fill in the details.
--------

It is true that Bhai Raam Singh (ex. Squadron Leader), the jathedar of Akhand Kirtani Jatha, wrote a saroop of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. It was a great sewa that Guru Sahib took from him. He used to do keshi ishnaan and then write saroop of Guru Sahib, on daily basis.

When Jathedar jee was done with writing the saroop of Guru Sahib, a severe controversey ensued in Panth. Pro-Taksali Kharkoo (militant) organizations led by Baba Manochahal threatened Jathedar jee with dire consequences, if he did not write Raagmala in it. They started sending letters to Jathedar jee, threatening him of this and that. I still remember reading the Soora magazine in which Jathedar jee issued his statement. He said something along the lines that the saroop he copied from did not contain Raagmala and as such he refused to write Raagmala in it. He fearlessly faced the threats from militants like Baba Manochahal. When the Taksali militants did not stop their threats, then Babbar Khalsa led by Bhai Sukhdev Singh Babbar had to step in and issue a statement, warning the pro-Raagmala militants against issuing such statements against Jathedar jee.

The whole panth was worried about the possible infighting in the militants. I am not sure who intervened but at the behest of Panthik leaders of that time, Raagmala was written in the saroop but Jathedar jee did not write it himself. Such was his nimrata that he bowed out in the bigger interests of Guru Panth, even though he did not believe in what he was told to do.

-----
Also is the same Bhai Raam Singh as in Rangley Saajan?
-------

No this Bhai Raam Singh jee is not same as the one mentioned in Ranglay Sajjan.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: August 05, 2008 07:40AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

khalsa jio,

See the following link for Bhai Sahib's kirtan Darshan[www.tapoban.org]. Bhai Sahib did the great seva of writing a saroop of Sri Guru Granth sahib Jee. Also wrote a tract in English named DIVINE WISDOM.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: khalistan_zindabaad (IP Logged)
Date: August 05, 2008 11:19AM

and also the singhs in pakistan panjwar and vadavah singh.

I like the way you stated the pro taksali millitants. I could elaborate further and mention names, but there is no need. The main jathedars of babbar khalsa at one point were students of taksal.. lets not take it further should we.

Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: August 05, 2008 02:11PM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Quote "I could elaborate further and mention names, but there is no need."

ਹੁਣ ਕਸਰ ਤਾਂ ਕੋਈ ਰਹਿ ਨਹੀ ਸੀ ਗਈ ਕੂੜ ਬੋਲਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਕੀ ਜਿ ਅਜੇ ਇੱਛਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਬਣਾ ਦੇ ਹੋਰ ਜਿੰਨੀਆਂ ਲਿਸਟਾਂ ਬਣਾ ਹੁੰਦੀਆ ਅਤੇ ਲਿਸਟ ਬਣਾਉਣ ਤੋੰ ਬਾਦ ਇੱਕ ਗਲ ਪਲੇ ਬੰਨ ਲਈ ਨਾਲੇ ਤਾਂ ਵਾਰ ਵਾਰ ਲਿਸਟ ਨਿਹਾਰੀ ਜਾਈ ਨਾਲੇ ਇਹ ਵੀ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਕਰਦਾ ਜਾਈ ਕਿ ਬਾਵਜੂਦ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਣਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਲਿਸਟ ਦੇ ਅੰਤ ਨੂੰ ਬੱਬਰ ਸ਼ੇਰ ਤਾਂ ਇਕੋ ਹੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਸੀ।

ਦੂਸਰੀ ਗਲ ਤੇਰੀ ਪੋਸਟ ਪੜ ਕੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੂੰ ਕੋਈ ਗਿਲਾ ਹੀ ਨਹੀ ਰਹਿ ਜ਼ਾਦਾ ਕਿ ਖ਼ਾਲਿਸਤਾਨ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਸਿਰਫ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਾਬਾਦ ਜਾਂ ਮੁਰਦਾਬਾਦ ਦੇ ਆਨਮਤੀ ਨਾਹਰਿਆਂ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਜਕੜ ਕੇ ਹੀ ਕਿਉਂ ਰਹਿ ਗਿਆ! ਧਰਤ ਦੀ ਹਿੱਕ ਤੇ ਕਿਉਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਉਕਰ ਸਕਿਆ?

Saad Sangat Jio khima for going bit off the topic.

Guru Mehar Karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: August 06, 2008 03:20AM

vjkkvjkf

Thank You for you help, but you did go way off the topic there ws no need for that. We dont need topics like during times like these in panth. Some things are best kept to yourself.

Bhai Raam Singh was truly blessed to carry out such a seva.

bhul chuk marf

vjkkvjkf

Posted by: khalistan_zindabaad (IP Logged)
Date: August 06, 2008 11:12AM

It was bhai kulbir signh jee that went way off topic, i just responded to his comments, and then we have rediculous comments from khalsaspirit, trying to compare jathas and singhs.

we can all tell how much spirit of the khalsa you and i both contain.

Thank You

We can all act like rehatvaan gursikhs and do parchaar, but its on topics like this where the real stuff is shown, the eerka and the hate is still there. I actually thought better of yourselfs, but oh well. never mind.

Posted by: Aadsach (IP Logged)
Date: August 08, 2008 12:52PM

Vjkk Vjkf,

Sadly, there is alot of truth in what khalistan_zindabaad veer ji has written here, and really we should all try an learn something from it!

Vjkk Vjkf.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib