ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

How to fulfill ones desires??
Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: August 19, 2008 02:53PM

Question to Bhai Kulbir Singh and other gursikhs??

Whats the best and efficent away of fulfillings ones minds desires??

I think Bhai Kulbir singh and other gursikhs should give a very detailed article on this topic because if sangat knew the answer they would be more devoted to guru sahib and half of the panth would have no need to go to pakhani baba!

Please answer in detail, through guru's mat and provide personal experience!!

Re: How to fulfill ones desires??
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: August 20, 2008 07:45AM

Quote:
Whats the best and efficent away of fulfillings ones minds desires??

Siri Guru jee states in Gurbani that if you want to have your work done, ask Vaheguru for it and Vaheguru in return gets your tasks done, this is the witness of the true Guru. There is however only one condition. Meet Sant Gursikhs and in their sangat taste the treasure Naam Amrit. Once you are done with that, Siri Guru jee states that destroyer of fear, kind and benevolent Vaheguru will certainly keep the honour of his servant. Then when one’s desires are fulfilled, sing the praises of Vaheguru (i.e. do kirtan of Gurbani) and this way comprehend the incomprehensible Vaheguru (Alakh Prabh Laakhiye). Below is the Shabad that proves the above written:

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ ਕੀਤਾ ਲੋੜੀਐ ਕੰਮੁ ਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਪਹਿ ਆਖੀਐ ॥
ਕਾਰਜੁ ਦੇਇ ਸਵਾਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਚੁ ਸਾਖੀਐ ॥
ਸੰਤਾ ਸੰਗਿ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਚਾਖੀਐ ॥
ਭੈ ਭੰਜਨ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨ ਦਾਸ ਕੀ ਰਾਖੀਐ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇ ਅਲਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਲਾਖੀਐ ॥20॥

Whatever kind of relationship you develop with Vaheguru, that is how you get treated back. If you think of Vaheguru as a friend, then he’s your friend. If you want to be his son, then rights and responsibilities of son have to be carried on by you. The only exemption is that if you take him to be your enemy, he does not become your enemy. Vaheguru knows not evil.

Before asking for a boon from Vaheguru or asking to fulfill your desire, it is foremost to establish that the wish you seek to be granted is in accordance to Gurmat. It must be a fair desire. If you were to ask for sinful luxury, then it will not be fulfilled. Second thing to believe is that Vaheguru IS there and will listen to our Ardaas, The third thing that not only does he exist and listen to our ardaas but he is capable of fulfilling our wish. The last but not least important thing is to have faith in your ardaas. Faith in Vaheguru is an amazing quality that acts as a catalyst in fulfilling our ardaas. These conditions can come in full potency only if we japp Naam and recite Gurbani. More Naam we japp and more paath we do, greater our faith will be in Vaheguru.

Many times, the impediment in fulfilling our desire is our bad karma from past. In such case, it’s important to do paath and simran to burn or eradicate this bad karma. If there is no bad karma, there is nothing stopping us from getting our fair desire fulfilled. It’s written in Gurbani that ‘ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਾਟੈ ਕੋਟਿ ਕਰਮ ॥’ The Shabad of Guru i.e. Naam obtained from Guru eradicates millions of Karma. Once the hurdle of bad karma is cleared through Naam, the desire of our heart is fulfilled.

Getting the sangat to do ardaas for you can be very beneficial. The parents of Hira Harbachan Singh were very worried because their son had become an atheist. They requested Gursikhs to do ardaas for their son and they themselves too did ardaas all the time. Sooner than later, the time came when their son was hit by the arrows of Gurbani and he just lay there, unable to move. One can't help remembering this Salok of Bhagat Kabir jee when thinking of the condition of Hira Harbachan Singh jee when he heard Gurbani kirtan while walking outside the house where Kirtan Samagam was going on:

ਕਬੀਰ ਸਾਚਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮੈ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਸਬਦੁ ਜੁ ਬਾਹਿਆ ਏਕੁ ॥
ਲਾਗਤ ਹੀ ਭੁਇ ਮਿਲਿ ਗਇਆ ਪਰਿਆ ਕਲੇਜੇ ਛੇਕੁ ॥157॥

He heard Gurbani while walking outside on the road. The arrows of Gurbani, coming from the mouth of Ranglay Sajjans associated with Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee were unbearable and they pierced through into his heart. He could not move. He got totally absorbed in Gurbani. He just sat there on the road and instantly went into smadhi. Gursikhs took notice of him and lifted him up and he was brought inside the sangat and he was so engrossed in Gurbani Kirtan that he lost consciousness of the world. In this condition an Amrit Sinchaar samagam was planned there and then. Hira Harbachan Singh took amrit and with first shot of amrit drops in his mouth, he attained the darshan of Vaheguru. In case of Hira Harbachan Singh, his past life’s bhagti must have been immense but certainly, the ardaas by his parents and other Gursikhs affected him and he was changed from an atheist to a Mahapurakh Gursikh.

There are countless examples in history when Ardaas changed people’s lives. All Gursikhs can vouch for this. They experience miracles on regular basis in their lives. This makes them even more thankful and they with increased vigour japp more Naam and do more paath. Eventually, the life of Gursikhs becomes one dimensional. They just want to please Vaheguru and just japp Naam.

Here are some pankitis that tell us how our wishes can be fulfilled by Naam and Gurbani:

ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਕਾਰਜ ਪੂਰੇ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਨਿ ਕਬਹੁ ਨ ਝੂਰੇ ॥
(through simran of Prabhu jee, all tasks or works are fulfilled. Through simran one never has to suffer disappointment).

ਜਹ ਮੁਸਕਲ ਹੋਵੈ ਅਤਿ ਭਾਰੀ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਖਿਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਉਧਾਰੀ ॥
(If you encounter extreme problem, then Naam of Hari can fix it in a second).

ਸੰਤਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਰਾਧਹੁ ॥ ਹਰਿ ਆਰਾਧਿ ਸਭੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਕਾਰਜ ਸਗਲੇ ਸਾਧਹੁ ॥
(O Gursikh Santo, worship him through Naam (Har Har Har). By worshipping him obtain everything from him and have all your tasks fulfilled).

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਰਸੁ ਰਾਮ ਰਸਾਇਣੁ ਹਰਿ ਸੇਵਹੁ ਸੰਤ ਜਨਹੁ ॥
ਚਾਰਿ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਚਾਰੇ ਪਾਏ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਭਜਹੁ ॥
(O Sant Jano, Raam’s Naam is sweet, it’s the house of all delicious Rass, therefore do sewa of such Naam i.e. Japp Such Naam. There are four basis essential substances and by japping Naam through the true Guru, you can obtain all of them.)

All that’s needed is kamaayee of Naam and Gurbani. There is nothing that one cannot obtain through Naam. All things are possible to God.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2008 05:47PM by admin.

Posted by: Navjot Kaur (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2008 01:19PM

thankyou veerji. beautifully explained!!!

Posted by: samosasingh (IP Logged)
Date: August 26, 2008 10:16AM

I somewhat agree with Bh.Kulbir Singh. Maybe Bh.Kulbir Singh and others can read below and let me know about if what I am thinking makes sense. It is my personal experience:

There is no sure way to fulfill your desires. You can do as many Ardass's as you want or do as much Namm Jap as you want. Until you don't get the gracefull Look of the Guru, nothing will come true. Not all Ardas's are fulfilled in life - it may seem that according t your logic that "my ardass is good and fine according to Gurmat". But Guru may have something completely different in store for you - then what? After so much paat and ardas for your desire you will be left broken into a million pieces and your faith shattered.

The best thing do to is to do ardas and then leave it up to Guru - let Guru do as he see's fit. It's really the only way you can learn how to accept "Bhana", otherwise you will be constatly after fulffiling your desires and not be able to see the real purpose of life. What you are asking for may not be the best thing for you.

At times I have been completly confident in the ardas and it has not come true and other times I have had no confidence in it and the wish has come true.

It seems real life has a completly different taste.

Date: August 27, 2008 07:06AM

Quote:
There is no sure way to fulfill your desires. You can do as many Ardass's as you want or do as much Namm Jap as you want. Until you don't get the gracefull Look of the Guru, nothing will come true. Not all Ardas's are fulfilled in life - it may seem that according t your logic that "my ardass is good and fine according to Gurmat". But Guru may have something completely different in store for you - then what? After so much paat and ardas for your desire you will be left broken into a million pieces and your faith shattered.

All I know is that there is nothing that cannot be done through Naam. Yes, it is ultimately the vadd-kataakh i.e. graceful look of Vaheguru that will do that task but the way to get his graceful look is through Naam. As the matter of fact, the fact that a Gursikh is involved in japping Naam means that this Gursikh has that eye of grace of Guru Sahib. Otherwise, one would not have been blessed with Naam abhyaas. Many times it so happens that just before the fulfillment of the wish, a period comes when one is tested. Most give up during this period. One's who persevere are rewarded grandly. Bhagat Naamdev was tested and he cried out:

ਸਾਤ ਘੜੀ ਜਬ ਬੀਤੀ ਸੁਣੀ॥ਅਜਹੁ ਨ ਆਇਓ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਧਣੀ॥14॥

He meditated more vigourously and then in the next moment Gobind was there. If we stick to Naam in this period, our wish is sure to be fulfilled. Again, what this daas has written is very general and broad in perspective. There can be a million scenarios and what Guru Sahib does in those scenarios is known only by them but what we know are general guidelines based on Gurbani. If we japp Naam, then our wish that is not contrary to Gurmat must be fulfilled. We have been given hukam to japp like Bhagat Dhru who japped for 6 months and then did Raaj for 36000 years. He too went through a lot of testing and hardship before his wish was granted. He did ghor-tapasiya. The key is Naam Abhyaas.

Kulbir Singh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2008 04:43PM by admin.

Date: August 27, 2008 02:51PM

Bhai Kulbir singh pyareo, very nice post with guru jee's kirpaa!

Has Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh touched on this subject of deisres being filled in any of his books you have read and if so could you please share with sangat and translate into english.

Date: August 28, 2008 06:39AM

Veer Ekta Singh jeeo,

Below is an article written by Bhai Sahib, translated by this daas couple of years ago:

Author: Kulbir Singh
Date: 10-07-05 12:01

Below is a very humble translation of an article from Bhai Sahib's book Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee. In this article Bhai Sahib has very forcefully and passionately written about the paaras Kala of Gurbani. Bhai Sahib writes that even if Paath is done for a worldly reason, it ultimately is good.

Please read on and forgive me for any mistakes in the translation Bhai Sahib's work:

Book: Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee
Article: Parmarath te Suyarath layee Naam Baani
Page No: 113
Edition - 11th edition (year 1999)

**********Translation Begins**************

Those persons who do Naam jaap and recite Gurbani for a worldly cause, though they first engage in this divine service because of their personal and selfish aim, but due to the intensity of their worldly aim, they do heavy paath and simran. Since Naam and Gurbani are Paaras-roop, by touching this nectar-like substance (Gurbani / Naam), the paaras kala of Gurbani is invoked and because of this, the servant of Naam Gurbani starts feeling the Rass (actual physical taste) of it and the concentration (surtee) of the servant changes from the worldly aim to the spiritual aim of life. Then the abhyaas of Naam and recitation of Gurbani is done only for the purpose of getting Rass from it. This way, the spiritual touching of Nectar-like Paras-Substance (Naam Gurbani) by the surthee takes it to the pinnacles of spirituality.

The continuous sewa of Gurbani, changes the intelligence of the servant from worldly focus to the spiritual focus because in reality whole of Gurbani’s aim or purpose is to bring it’s servants to the spiritual heights. The divine service of Gurbani and Naam done for the high purpose of spiritual attainment, automatically fulfills the worldly needs of the servant.

Up until the state of Naam-Rassak-Bairaagi (the ultimate Naam Avastha) there is always the peril or danger of getting embroiled in the Ridhi-Sidhi (psychic powers) powers but the truthful seekers and real-lovers of spirituality don’t get stuck in Ridhis Sidhis and they consider this kind of stuff as bonds of attachment. The intensive sewa of Gurbani enables one to realise that Ridhis Sidhis are just bonds of attachment and this is why they don’t get stuck in it. On top of this realization the sewa of Gurbani and the kamaayee of Naam bring such Anand (bliss) to the servant that he or she totally makes an about-turn from Ridhi Sidhi. So much so that they don’t even realize how much ridhi sidhi they have. They are totally engaged in the anand of Naam / Gurbani.

“Apne lobh ko keeno meeth” ( I have made God my friend for my selfish needs) like pankitis (lines) are nothing but the truth and there is no doubt in the truthfulness of such Gurvaaks. Few unsavoury experiences that we hear about occur because in reality such people don’t touch the Paaras of Gurbani and they don’t do unbroken continuous kamaayee (service, earnings) of Gurbani. To please people, they pretend to do kamaayee in front of them and do it only for short period of time. They don’t do any kamaayee but only do “pupp pupp”. On such people, “Raam Raam sabh ko kahae, Kahiyae Raam na hoye” like Gurbani hukams fully apply. Their condition is such as the condition of guru-less manmukhs who are devoid of the proper jugti (method) of Naam Abhyaas and who try to imitate Gurmukhs in doing Naam Abhyaas. In reality they don’t do abhyaas of Gurmat Naam and nor they have received Naam with proper method and way, from the house or door of the Guru. They may continue to do “papp papp” and they may move their lips to show people but their doing Naam abhyaas in such fashion does not even get classified as Naam Abhyaas.

Ones who write Gurbani with utmost respect will get delivered from this world ocean. The writers of Gurbani definitely get delivered in the end. Compositors, Machine-men, booksellers who disrespectfully print Gurbani’s pothis and sell them for money are very far from getting delivered from this world ocean. Ones who’s profession is to sell Gurbani for money and to do pakhand of doing sewa in this way, Paaras Kala of Gurbani can never work on them. By rubbing the fingers of hands on Gurbani words will not get paaras kala and nor will paaras kala come by doing numerous maala of simran until and unless one gets Naam from Punj Pyaray with full Gurmat Maryada. And if after Naam attainment, the servant gets engaged in wrongful (anti-gurmat) activities, then too his or her simran of maala will not get successful.

***********Translation Ends***********

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Date: August 28, 2008 01:31PM

Where can i find articles ob Bhai Kulbir Singh jee, i think these articles and translationa should be collected as they are a jewel to the panth.

Bhai Kulbir Singh as the translation above is awesome with guru jee's grace, daas thinks you should take the seva of translating the whole book of Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee into english

The reason why someone should take this seva up is because, in th modern days their are lots of fake baba and dera's giving naaam out. In fact the other week i was reading darshani dases website and they basicly backed all their beliefs by giving gurbani quotes, that naam is priceless and a jewell and it can be onlyt obtained only by a spirtual master which is their baba.

There are other groups who say satnaam is gurmanter, an this is confusing the panth. So some gursikh should humbly take this seva and translate this awesome book.

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa, VaahegurooJeeKeeFaaateh!

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib