ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Keertan From The Non-Panthic
Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2008 09:12AM

vjkkvjkf

Whats ae the sangats views on listen to keertan & katha from Kukeh, Rajoswamees and other groups.

i know they are ex-communicated from the Khalsa Panth, but people still like to listening to there keertan especially kukehs, this has been bugging me for awhile now.

vjkkvjkf

Re: Keertan From The Non-Panthic
Posted by: M Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 28, 2008 11:00AM

Are kukkeh excommunicated formally?

Posted by: Atma Singh (IP Logged)
Date: September 29, 2008 04:09AM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

veer jee,

i would personally never listen to their keertan.

the following from aasaa kee vaar sums up why:

ਮਹਲਾ੨॥
ਸਲਾਮੁਜਬਾਬੁਦੋਵੈਕਰੇਮੁੰਢਹੁਘੁਥਾਜਾਇ॥
ਨਾਨਕਦੋਵੈਕੂੜੀਆਥਾਇਨਕਾਈਪਾਇ॥੨॥

Second Mehl:
One who offers both respectful greetings and rude refusal to his master, has gone wrong from the very beginning.
O Nanak, both of his actions are false; he obtains no place in the Court of the Lord. ||2||

it's pretty self-explanatory - how can your praise That Satguroo, in their hazoree, amongst the sangat, whom you fail to recgnise as the Satguroo? it's straight two-faced hypocrisy.

therefore, how can the 'keertan' of such false people please a Gursikh let alone please Siree Satguroo Sahib Jee...?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

ਦਾਸ,
ਆਤਮਾ ਸਿੰਘ

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2009 12:04AM

I would leave aside the "excommunication but..formal or informal..." as all this is politics.
The reasoning by Sardar Atma Singh is the ultimate and logical reason to reject all those non-sikh non-panthic "keertan". This may sound like fanaticism..but its not. Only a SIKH who has complete FAITH in His GURU/GURBANI can perform Kirtan....and likewise only a SIKH who has Full Faith in His Guru/Gurbani will derive any benefit from such Kirtan. To all others..its just music/raag/kan-rass...entertainment...mostly. Once in a while a good soul who may be non-sikh gets touched by kirtan/gurbani..and begins his/her journey on the way to the GURU...like Bhai Lehna Ji..Bhai Amardass Ji....and many others..but such are few and far between..BUT IF one claims to be a SIKH and then questions the GURU...that is gone case.

Jarnail Singh

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib