ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

veechar on this pankti
Posted by: inderjeet1012 (IP Logged)
Date: October 06, 2008 03:27PM

plzz sangat ji do veechar on this-

naanak fikai boliai than man fikaa hoe ||
O Nanak, speaking insipid words, the body and mind become insipid.

can you please on what "fikka" exactly means here

Re: veechar on this pankti
Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2008 05:19AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

inderjeet1012 ji,

It's a matter of Cause & Effect.

If one speaks in an unpleasant manner this results in discomfort(mind & body).

You can come to know which words are "fikai" by the outcome !

I would like to clear one thing that "All Truth is Bitter" but the purpose is to cure all ills and act as a medicine.

ਸਚੁ ਤਾ ਪਰੁ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਜਾ ਸਿਖ ਸਚੀ ਲੇਇ ॥
One knows the Truth only when he receives true instruction.

ਦਇਆ ਜਾਣੈ ਜੀਅ ਕੀ ਕਿਛੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਕਰੇਇ ॥
Showing mercy to other beings, he makes donations to charities.

ਸਚੁ ਤਾਂ ਪਰੁ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਜਾ ਆਤਮ ਤੀਰਥਿ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥
One knows the Truth only when he dwells in the sacred shrine of pilgrimage of his own soul.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੋ ਪੁਛਿ ਕੈ ਬਹਿ ਰਹੈ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥
He sits and receives instruction from the True Guru, and lives in accordance with His Will.

ਸਚੁ ਸਭਨਾ ਹੋਇ ਦਾਰੂ ਪਾਪ ਕਢੈ ਧੋਇ ॥
Truth is the medicine for all; it removes and washes away our sins.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਵਖਾਣੈ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਜਿਨ ਸਚੁ ਪਲੈ ਹੋਇ ॥੨॥
Nanak speaks this prayer to those who have Truth in their laps. ||2||

Source: [www.srigranth.org]

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2008 08:25AM

What an amazing pankiti you have asked us to ponder upon. Million thanks to you Veer Inderjit Singh jeeo. Let's look at this whole salok, which has only 4 pankitis:

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮ: ੧ ॥
ਨਾਨਕ ਫਿਕੈ ਬੋਲਿਐ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਫਿਕਾ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਫਿਕੋ ਫਿਕਾ ਸਦੀਐ ਫਿਕੇ ਫਿਕੀ ਸੋਇ ॥
ਫਿਕਾ ਦਰਗਹ ਸਟੀਐ ਮੁਹਿ ਥੁਕਾ ਫਿਕੇ ਪਾਇ ॥
ਫਿਕਾ ਮੂਰਖੁ ਆਖੀਐ ਪਾਣਾ ਲਹੈ ਸਜਾਇ ॥੧॥

Let's do vichaar of each pankiti:

1) Satguru jee using their Mohar-Chhaap say that by speaking ਫਿਕਾ , both mind and the body gets ਫਿਕੀ. What's meant by ਫਿਕਾ . Literal meaning of this word is tasteless but here it means unsavoury or bad taste. Siri Guru jee have written a very great Gurmat principle that if we speak unsavoury to others and this way hurt others, it will cause distaste in our mind and then in our body. Our mind will feel the reaction of our bad action. Our mind will become diseased and then our body too will become diseased if we speak in unsavoury. ਫਿਕੈ ਬੋਲਿਐ means ਫਿਕਾ ਬੋਲਣ ਕਰਕੇ ਭਾਵ ਫਿਕਾ ਬੋਲਣ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਨ.

2) One who speaks unsavoury (ਫਿਕੋ ) is then called an unsavoury or bad person (ਫਿਕਾ ) and the reputation of such person is also bad i.e. ਫਿਕੀ ਸੋਇ . ਸੋਇ means publicity or reputation.

3) ਫਿਕਾ person is thrown around in the court (dargah) of the next world and people spit on his face. Such is the punishment in the next world. A dry and rude person is punished in the next world and humiliated by having people spit on such person.

4) A rude, unmannered person is considered to be a fool and such person gets hit by shoes i.e. ਉਸ ਦੇ ਜੁਤੀਆਂ ਪੈਂਦੀਆਂ ਹਨ। ਪਾਣਾ ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਹੈ ਜੁਤੀਆਂ।

In the light of this shabad, Gursikhs who do the paath of Siri Asa kee Vaar as rigidly as they do their regular nitnem, should never speak unsavoury. This daas who is writing these lines should have shame because he too sometimes speaks unsavoury. When we get under the influence of Krodh and Ahankaar, we lose control over our senses and we utter such anti-Gurmat utterings. May Guru Sahib bless us with self-restrain so that we may fulfill the hukam of Guru Sahib of speaking sweetly and not speaking rudely.

Siri Guru jee have given more hukams on our speech. Here are some of them that I can remember now:

ਗੰਢੁ ਪਰੀਤੀ ਮਿਠੇ ਬੋਲ ॥

In the above stated pankiti Siri Guru jee have stated a Gurmat principle. By speaking sweet, bonds are strengthened and love is enhanced.

Now about the relationship between love and speaking rudely, here are pankitis from Gurbani:

ਟੂਟੈ ਨੇਹੁ ਕਿ ਬੋਲਹਿ ਸਹੀ ॥
ਟੂਟੈ ਬਾਹ ਦੁਹੂ ਦਿਸ ਗਹੀ ॥
ਟੂਟਿ ਪਰੀਤਿ ਗਈ ਬੁਰ ਬੋਲਿ ॥
ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਪਰਹਰਿ ਛਾਡੀ ਢੋਲਿ ॥

The above pankitis are from great baani called Oankaar (Also called Dakhni Oankaar).

1) Love breaks when you speak to your loved one, something rudely, even if what is said is true (sahee).

2) If the arm is pulled in two different directions it breaks. This probably means mishandling someone. It could have a deeper meaning that this daas has not yet been able to deduce.

3) Love breaks when spoken rudely. This is a golden principle. If we don't want to break love with someone, then we should never speak rudely with that person. Period.

4) The husband leaves the woman who speaks rudely under the influence of durmat i.e. evil intelligence.

We have clearly seen above that with sweet talk bonds of love get strenghened and with rude talk love breaks. I believe this is the main reason of discord in the world. How can we talk sweet when we don't have the sweetness inside us? That only will come out of us what's inside. Temporarily everyone can speak nicely and sweetly because when we go out we wear masks over our personality. These masks come off when we have to live with someone for prolonged period of time. Then we show others our real face of speaking rudely and then sweetness we had been pretending to possess just disappears.

When I got married, in the early days of our marriage my wife narrated me an incident of someone she knew. This couple had got married recently and was standing by the window of their house. It was a full moon day. The moon was looking very beautiful. The wife pointed out the beautiful moon to the husband and commented how beautiful it was. The husband in return said many shayers (poetic stanzas) in support of this. Both of them thought it was very romantic. Many years later, when the couple was buried under the load of responsibilities of married life the wife caught the husband when he was in a bad mood. She commented as to how beautiful the moon was. The husband did not say anything as he was lost in a riverie. The wife repeated it couple of times. The husband burst out in anger and said, "ਕੀ ਚੰਦ ਚੰਦ ਲਾਈ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ। ਜੇ ਚੰਦ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਮੈਂ ਕੀ ਕਰਾਂ? ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਚੱਟਾਂ। ਮੇਰਾ ਸਿਰ ਖਾਣਾ ਬੰਦ ਕਰ ਤੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਕੰਮ ਕਰ। " (Why are you repeating moon moon. If the moon is beautiful what should I do, lick it? Stop eating my brain and go do your work). Now imagine what the wife would have felt and what would have become of this relationship. My wife must have told me this story so that I do not act like this man. Well, only my wife can tell if I have become like this man in the story or not. In any case, the moral of the story is that if we want to maintain good relations, we should speak sweetly and not rudely.

Baani is Agam Agaadh Bodh. May Guru Sahib pardon our mistakes while doing vichaar of Gurbani.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: October 09, 2008 03:49AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

One must always try and be polite but some situations require rebuke and scolding from a well-wisher.

ਜੈਸਾ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਭਾਇ ਸੁਭਾਈ ਲਖ ਅਪਰਾਧ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥
Like the child, innocently making thousands of mistakes -

ਕਰਿ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਝਿੜਕੇ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਤੀ ਬਹੁੜਿ ਪਿਤਾ ਗਲਿ ਲਾਵੈ ॥
his father teaches him, and scolds him so many times, but still, he hugs him close in his embrace.

ਪਿਛਲੇ ਅਉਗੁਣ ਬਖਸਿ ਲਏ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਗੈ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥
Please forgive my past actions, God, and place me on Your path for the future. ||2||

As far as sweet talk is concerned, what good is being a sweet talking Manmukh who disregards Gurmat ? Game is all about Achari not mere talk.

ਗਲੀ ਅਸੀ ਚੰਗੀਆ ਆਚਾਰੀ ਬੁਰੀਆਹ ॥
We are good at talking, but our actions are bad.

ਮਨਹੁ ਕੁਸੁਧਾ ਕਾਲੀਆ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਚਿਟਵੀਆਹ ॥
Mentally, we are impure and black, but outwardly, we appear white.

ਰੀਸਾ ਕਰਿਹ ਤਿਨਾੜੀਆ ਜੋ ਸੇਵਹਿ ਦਰੁ ਖੜੀਆਹ ॥
We imitate those who stand and serve at the Lord's Door.

ਨਾਲਿ ਖਸਮੈ ਰਤੀਆ ਮਾਣਹਿ ਸੁਖਿ ਰਲੀਆਹ ॥
They are attuned to the Love of their Husband Lord, and they experience the pleasure of His Love.

ਹੋਦੈ ਤਾਣਿ ਨਿਤਾਣੀਆ ਰਹਹਿ ਨਿਮਾਨਣੀਆਹ ॥
They remain powerless, even while they have power; they remain humble and meek.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਨਮੁ ਸਕਾਰਥਾ ਜੇ ਤਿਨ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਹ ॥੨॥
O Nanak, our lives become profitable if we associate with them. ||2||

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib