ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

The reality of this World
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 07, 2008 01:36PM

ਉਦਿਆਨ ਬਸਨੰ ਸੰਸਾਰੰ ਸਨਬੰਧੀ ਸ੍ਵਾਨ ਸਿਆਲ ਖਰਹ ॥
ਬਿਖਮ ਸਥਾਨ ਮਨ ਮੋਹ ਮਦਿਰੰ ਮਹਾਂ ਅਸਾਧ ਪੰਚ ਤਸਕਰਹ ॥
ਹੀਤ ਮੋਹ ਭੈ ਭਰਮ ਭ੍ਰਮਣੰ ਅਹੰ ਫਾਂਸ ਤੀਖ੍ਯ੍ਯਣ ਕਠਿਨਹ ॥
ਪਾਵਕ ਤੋਅ ਅਸਾਧ ਘੋਰੰ ਅਗਮ ਤੀਰ ਨਹ ਲੰਘਨਹ ॥
ਭਜੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਗਪਾਲ ਨਾਨਕ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣ ਸਰਣ ਉਧਰਣ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ॥੫੮॥

The Vichaar based on the meagre understanding of this daas is done of each of the 5 pankitis of the above shabad below:

1) This world is an ਉਦਿਆਨ i.e. a jungle and the relatives/friends that this jeev has are like dogs, jackals and donkeys. Why? Because they are greedy like dogs, opportunists like jackals and ignorant (about spirituality) like donkeys. This pankitis tells us that to rely on your worldly relations e.g. relatives, friends etc. is a futile thing to do.

2) The jeev is stuck in a very difficult place. Why? Because the mind of the jeev is intoxicated in the liquor (sharaab, madira) of worldly attachments (moh). The mind is unable to control the five thieves. From this pankiti we should realize that we are prisoners and should do something to get released.

3) The jeev is wandering entangled in the worldly love (heeth), worldly attachments, baseless worldly fear, the illusion of considering this world as truth (Bharam). The excruciating and painful rope of Haume is wrapped around the neck of the jeev i.e. the jeev is smitten by haume.

4) Giving another metaphor describing this world Siri Guru jee state - the jeev is stuck in such ocean in which the water is that of fire (ਪਾਵਕ ਤੋਅ) and the bank of this ocean is agam i.e. very far, out of reach of the jeev.

5) In Sadhsang (Sangat of Sadh-roopi Guru) do the simran (recitation, chanting) of Naam. This way by taking the protection (sharan) of lotus-feet (charan Kamal) of Vaheguru, one can get salvation through the kirpa of Vaheguru.

Such Bikh-sansaar seems so real to us. May Guru Sahib enable us to see the falsity (jhooth, kooR) of this world and engage in Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee.

Baani is Agam Agaadh Bodh. Forgive mistakes of Daas while interpreting Gurbani.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

As a side note; there is something wrong with the unicode. When posting Gurbani, some of the words don't get posted properly e.g. the word Gopal in the above quote has not been posted correctly because the gagga of this word has two maatra i.e. aunkad and hoRa. Such words don'g get picked correctly by unicode.

Re: The reality of this World
Posted by: Manjot Singh Khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: October 13, 2008 03:00PM

Bhai Sahib,

In regards to your PS note. I know that the converter at [unicode.panthic.net] has a workaround for that.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib