ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Shri Akal Takhat Sahib unhappy with Harbhajan
Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2008 09:31AM

Gurfateh

This indian player has trimmed beard and was dancing with another Sikh lady Mona Singh in a TV show.He took the form of Ravana and Mona took the form of Sita and they did a sort of dance togather as lover(duirng thee time of Ramleela).

BJP,VHP etc. objected and Shri Akal Takhat Sahib also disliked this.

Das's question is that OK it is not correct to hurt the feeling of others.But why should Shri Akal Takhat Sahib ,our highest authority interfere.

In past once another trimmer Daler Mehandi sung Nabi Buba and said Nabi Ali Muslims objected and he apologised.Shri Akal Takhat Sahib were not involved.

Das is aware that both the persons above have often offended Sikhs also by unintentional foolish acts(Harbhajan once gave an addvetisement for wine with hairs flowing in air and Daler made young childrn dance with fake beard and Kirpan in some music album"Ek Dana do Dane"),but how can our highest seat could be there to have an involuvement with such guys who are at the fringes of the faith.

Re: Shri Akal Takhat Sahib unhappy with Harbhajan
Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: October 08, 2008 09:50AM

Vijaydeep Singh jeeo,

I have not seen that video, nor I intend to see it, but if some person a Sikh or a non Sikh is diminishing the character of a Sikh, then there is nothing wrong in Siri Akal Takhat Sahib interfering.

Issue of Hindus in this is that Ravan and Sita were dancing together but my issue is that a Sikh looking person is openly playing the role of a villain i.e. Ravana thereby staining the image of Sikhs.

SGPC and our Takhat Sahibaan are there to protect the image of Sikhs. If a Sikh takes the form of Ravan, then I think it's diminishing the image of Sikhs. This person who is wearing a dastar, should be careful in what he does and how he projects himself in public.

Kulbir Singh

Re: Shri Akal Takhat Sahib unhappy with Harbhajan
Posted by: singhbj (IP Logged)
Date: October 09, 2008 03:59AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Harbhajan has no regard for Sikhi he just want's money & popularity.

Sri Akal Takhat Sahib's Jathedar is right in rebuking him, hope he gets the Sumat.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib