ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Purpose Of Siree Japjee Sahib
Posted by: Manmat (IP Logged)
Date: October 16, 2008 12:06PM

vkkvjkf

I'm just wondering whats the purpose of doing siree japjee sahib next to an Siree Akhand Paath of Siree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee. Shouldn't we be trying to focus of the akhand paath banee?

please forgive me if i offended anyone

vjkkvjkf

Re: Purpose Of Siree Japjee Sahib
Posted by: ELSingh (IP Logged)
Date: November 06, 2008 04:58AM

To my knowledge, Jap Ji Sahib is done alongside Sri Akhand Path Sahib in order to ensure that even if the Akhand Paathi takes a long sigh or when the Paathis change over there is still Jap Ji Sahib paath going on - i.e. there are no stoppages in Gurbani being recited.

Posted by: khalistan_zindabaad (IP Logged)
Date: November 06, 2008 04:19PM

Bhai Sahib Randheer Singh Jees Jatha used to do Jap Ji Sahib Roles also, in bhai sahib jees times, however nowadays they seem reluctant to do the seva and raise many questions over it. Its quite sad really

Posted by: Jagjit Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 18, 2008 12:46PM

khalistan zindabad - what proof do you for this assumption that it was done in Bhai Sahib times?

Shabad is Guru. One should concentrate of the shabad. We do not need to get into superstitions about sighs and pauses.

Reading jap ji sahib is highly benefical as is reading any bani. But when doing an akhand path or sehaj path, there is no need to have an additional person doing these roles. If individual are doing it as per their group thinking, then that is their perogative, but it is not mandatory.

if all seva is done by Naam rasiyases, then in every breath they will be in tune with Akaal.

One God: Waheguru
One Guru : Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
One Group : Guru Khalsa Panth!

This should be the Motto of Our Generation

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: January 16, 2009 11:32PM

IN Akhand Paaths at Harmandar Sahib Amritsar the Maryada used to be
2 Pathee singhs at any one raol....one will do akhand paath..the other will do chaur or hang around as sentry duty. Thus there will be 8 pathis with 8 Raols of 3 Hours. Thus the two pathis will share one raol of 3 hrs..each doing 1 1/2 hrs.

in other places this has been replaced by FIVE Pathis...each doing a raol of 2 hrs and the time keeps changing..each raol is 2 hrs EARLIER than the last one....

In Malaya up till the 1990's there used to be SIX pathis..with raols of 2 hrs each and the time was FIXED.

Now with escalating prices of paths..what with narials and kumbhs dhoops, agarbatis shudh ghee deevahs and all and all sorts of demands by the pathis..costs are going thru the roof..and yet AP's are being held all over...looks like everyone is in a hurry to please Guru Ji by having a ready made paid paath...no matter if no ones got any time to actually hear any Gurbani..much less follow it...not to wory as long as the pathis are paid their dues..Guru Ji "WILL" listen to their ardass....alas many whispers abound....ji akhand paath vee karvaih see...rog badta hee ja raha hai...mundah nahin hoyah ji...naukree nahin milee ji.....laatree lagee hee nahin ji....shaid AP wich koi kamee reh gayee ?? Fir karveeahyeh Ji ?? The Failure to understand that the "kamee" is NOT in the GURBANI....can NEVER BE...is hard to digest..

Jarnail Singh

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib