ਜਾਕਉਹਰਿਰੰਗੁਲਾਗੋਇਸੁਜੁਗਮਹਿਸੋਕਹੀਅਤਹੈਸੂਰਾ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

dastaar in mouth or not?
Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: November 16, 2008 12:56PM

R we allowed to put our pagh in our mouth to keep it tight asd steady when we tie it?

Re: dastaar in mouth or not?
Posted by: Jagjit Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 18, 2008 12:03PM

I would avoid using the word "pagh" as it is not as respectful as the word "dastaar". Our crown was blessed to us by Guru Ji.

While dastaars are worn by many peoples, from many cultures, for Sikhs they have special significance.

When tying a dastaar, one should not put it in ones mouth, neither let it touch the floor. If any Singh or bibi is unsure how to tie it, then they should consult Gursikhs within their area and learn properly from them.

One God: Waheguru
One Guru : Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
One Group : Guru Khalsa Panth!

This should be the Motto of Our Generation

Posted by: M Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 18, 2008 05:44PM

No, please avoid that.
It should not be put in the mouth.
--------
It does not look good.
It is not hygenic.
Colors of the turban are toxic, in nature.
-----------
Baki tuhadee khushi hai.
Jaroori hai taan kar vee sakde ho ji.

Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: November 19, 2008 09:14AM

Now i have started tying my dastaar without putting it in my mouth ( it still looks same gud as before lol) but is there no other reason for exa ple: because of suchamtaa for dasm duar or something like that????

Posted by: Tegbir Singh (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2008 04:30PM

it is beadbi to put dastar in mouth because saliva gets on to the dastar. and try tyinga dumalla, if u dont know how there are videos on the internet, like sikhnet.com, youtube.com, or just ask someone for help.

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: January 03, 2009 08:36PM

its just not done....dastaar goes on our head...so try and keep it as clean as possible....remember its going to be in touch with the most pavittar of kakaars..the KESH.....so salivating on it..dropping it on the floor etc etc is definitely OUT.
Secondly I have found that IF the KESHKI is already firmly tied on the head...the Dastaar can be lightly folded....it will still hold strongly and tightly. So always tie a Keshki first and when Dastaar is removed....the Keshki stays on 24/7.

Jarnail Singh

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib