ਚੁਕਾਰਅਜ਼ਹਮਹਹੀਲਤੇਦਰਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ॥ਹਲਾਲਅਸਤਬੁਰਦਨਬਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰਦਸਤ॥੨੨॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Shaheedan Misl - The Sarblohee Jatha
Posted by: ਖਾਲਸਾ (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2009 11:24AM

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8838/sarbloh1.gif

Sarbloh has been an integral part of Sikhee Rehat from aad. Guru Nanak Dev Jee gave Sansar Jeevs the precious gift of Karah Parshad from Sarbloh. Guru Nanak Dev Jee kept Sarbloh shasters one of these can be seen at the Museum in Takht Patna Sahib. The Sarbloh Kara was not an invention of Guru Gobind Singh, previous Guru Sahiban also wore Sarbloh Kara. The Sarbloh Kara of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Jee can also be seen at a Gurdwara in Patna city.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee fermented the relationship by revealing the Khalsa through the womb of Sarbloh. Sarbloh’s mysteries and glories are mystifying to the world but its Sath Tath Khalsa has been revealed the secret.
Only a few will play this game others will wonder in confusion, so is the will of Akaal.

Even at the times of Guru Jee there were doubts on rehat and it was not long after Guru Gobind Singh Jee left that other mann-mathe thoughts were appearing. Such is the power of maya that the five evils create this separation.
In this state of dubda there will always be a few that would rise to the challenge. However these few will always be labelled as seperatists/fundementalists/factionists as they will always be in the minority. In the hour of need these few will defy all odds and change the course of destiny.

The first major appearance of not towing the line in the so called interest of the larger community occurred when Baba Binod Singh separated from Banda Singh Bahudar. The view was that it was more important keep in line with Gurmat rather than attain worldly gains. Baba Binod Singh and the other Sikhs that separated became to be known as the Tath Khalsa. They wore blue and kept a chakar on their heads

ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਰਖ ਚੱਕ੍ਰ ਸਿਰ ਧਾਰੈ I*

They tried to keep rehat as Sat Guru ordained

ਔਰ ਰਹਿਤ ਜੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਹੀ I ਉਸੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਸੋਂ ਰਹਿਤਾ ਵਹੀ I*

Baba Binod Singh was from the Kul of Guru Angad Dev Jee. He was one of five Singhs that were sent to Punjab with Banda Singh Bahudar by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. As Baba Binod Singh was a contemporary of Guru Gobind Singh he was well accustomed to rehat and Gurmat he was also aware of the bachans given to Banda Singh to comply with.

From this group of Tath Khalsa emerged the names in history of Gursikhs we are familiar with today.

As with any grouping as it expands there seems to be an evolution of rehat weakness. This is because Guru Jee always keeps the true treasures within virlay. However the weakness’s were not to the extents that are seen today.

The vision of the Tath Khalsa passed onto Gursikhs like Baba Deep Singh Jee and Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee who both were contemporary’s of Guru Gobind Singh Jee they too were familiar with Gurmat and Rehat principles. The Gursikhs under these Jatherdaars later on became to be known as the Shaheedan Misl.

This Jatha was distinct from others, it was the smallest Jatha in terms of numbers compared to others, one historian has given the figure of 2,000 as being its maximum number at any given time. This jatha however was the most respected amongst the Sikhs and most feared by its enemies. Even Ranjit Singh did not even dare touch its remaining elements in his times.

So how is it that this most respected Jatha was so few in numbers you would think large number of Gursikhs would be attracted to it?
It’s not as simple as that, as this Jatha only breathed and lived for Akaal. They were not attracted to occupying land and Sardareea for their families which was the biggest disease the other Jathas were effected by. This automatically protected them from the other Jathas as they did not see them as a threat.

Some historians have called them the suicide Jatha which is completely against Gurmat and some have called them the bravest which too would be wrong as that would suggest that the other Jathas were not brave. They were given the name Shaheedan because most of this Jatha had quashed their worldly desires so they were seen as dead to this world.
They had destroyed these desires by keeping rehat and with bhagtee, they preferred to be small in numbers as they wanted to keep the quality. Other Jathas had rehat and jeevan vala Gursikhs but they were not the majority in their groups as was the case of the Shaheedan Jatha.

The Gursikhs in the Shaheedan Jatha mostly wore blue and all were lovers of sarbloh. The following is a description of one of their Jatherdaars Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee

ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਰਖ ਰਹਿ ਰਹਤ ਚੰਗੀ I* He wore blue and kept very good rehat. The quote then goes on to say :

ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਕੀ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰੈ I ਨਮਸਕਾਰ ਕਰ ਸ਼ਸਤਰ ਫੜੈ I੩I

ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਗਲ ਮਾਲਾ ਪਾਵੈ I ਕੰਗਣ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਲੋਹ ਸੁਹਾਵੈ I

ਲੋਹ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਲੋਹ ਤੋੜੇ ਧਾਰੈ I ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਕੀ ਰਖਯ ਉਚਾਰੈ I੪I

They all kept strict sarbloh bibek pehra and would not eat from everyone, the proof of this is the account of when Nawab Kapoor Singh was blessed with a child, in this kushee he gave Langar to the Khalsa in this he gave Baba/Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Jee and his Jatha raw ingredients for their langar.

ਫਿਰ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਬਖਸ਼ ਸਿੰਘ ਦਈ ਲੰਗਰ, ਰਸਤ ਸੁ ਪਾਇ I*

On the topic of food, their are many accounts in our history were Gursikhs have had to go hungry for long periods. In those days a new phrase appeared when their was no Langar/food GurSikhs used to call it Langar Mast. I love this terminology it goes to show the spirit and character of GurSikhs of those times. These accounts prove that Gursikhs did not eat anything and from everybody. So it is laughable when you hear some historians say that some Gursikhs ate like animals when they were hungry. This was most likely propaganda started by writers like Kaafeen Khan and then used by the pro meat lobby Sikh historians.
Gurmat principles are the same whether in good times or bad times. In fact Gursikhs welcome bad times with open arms. You can never say that no one abandoned Gurmat in hard times but you could never see the Tath Khalsa/Shaheedan Jatha ever go to that level as they were already dead, why would they go against Gurmat to live a day longer.

The shahedee of Baba Gurbaksh Singh Jee at Darbar Sahib in 1764 was to be a turning point in the Panth as well as the Jatha. The game had now turned around from being defensive to be offensive in pursuit of Khalsa Raaj. This turnaround of events brought with it different challenges to Gurmat principles.

The remaining reminisce of the Shaheedan Jatha eventually came in the hands of Akali Phoola Singh. This is the period where this jatha disintegrated you would think it would be the opposite as this was when the so called Raaj of the Khalsa occurred.

What is Khalsa Raaj without Gurmat, seeing the anti Gurmat practices of the Lahore Darbar many Gursikh’s of this jatha did not feel comfortable in fighting for the Lahore Darbar. The Shahedee of Akali Phoola Singh was probably welcomed by some elements of the Lahore Darbar. The remaining Gursikhs of this jatha felt now was not a time to fight or to revolt, both would have had dire consequences they went back to Gristi Jeevans and their Bhagtee. They knew that Guru jee will call up the Singhs again when the time was right.

The British tried to target some of the remaining elements of this and other khalsa Jathas with enticements of maya’s raang because they felt that they were the real threat to their occupation. The ones that fell prey were to become the creators of the modern nihangs.

Many jathas of today claim to be heirs of the Shaheedan Jatha but the true custodians/heirs of this jatha are the ones that keep the Rehat of Khalsa.

Their will be a time again when the Sarblohee Gursikhs will emerge and regroup to take on the challenge given by Guru Sahib. In the book called Gurmat Bibek it is written

ਏਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਕੋਈ ਸਮਾਂ ਆਵੇਗਾ ਕਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮੇਸ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਕਲਾ ਕਿ੍ਸ਼ਮੀ ਕਉਤਕ ਅਵਤਾਰੀ ਸਮੇਂ ਵਾਂਗੂੰ ਸਰਬ ਲੋਹ ਦੀ ਸੇ੍ਸਟ ਧਾਰਨਾਂ ਦੇ ਸਿਦਕਵਾਨ ਪੂਰੇ ਸੂਰੇ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੇ ਸਮੂਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਸਮੂਹ ਗੁਰ ਪੰਥ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬਿਚਰਦੇ ਬਿਰਾਜਦੇ ਅਤੇ ਗੱਜਦੇ ਬਜਦੇ ਨਜ਼ਰ ਆਉਣਗੇ I

* Quotes from Pracheen Panth Prakash

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 02:42PM by admin.

Re: Shaheedan Misl - The Sarblohee Jatha
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2009 07:59PM

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਿਹ॥

ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਜੀਉ,

ਭੁੱਲਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਰਾਹ ਯਾਦ ਕਰਵਾਉਣ ਲਈ ਆਪ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਤਹਿ ਦਿਲੋਂ ਧੰਨਵਾਦ ਪਰ ਅੱਜ ਦੇ ਹਾਲਾਤ ਇਹ ਨੇ ਕਿ ਇਸ ਰਹਿਤ ਰਹਿਣੀ ਤੋਂ ਇੰਨੀ ਕੁ ਦੂਰ ਚਲੇ ਗਏ ਹਾਂ ਕਿ ਵਾਪਸ ਮੁੜਨਾ ਇਕ ਸੁਫਨਾ ਲਗ ਰਿਹਾ ਏ। ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਜਨ ਨੇ ਉਹ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੁਕਮਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਲੜ ਬੰਨਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ ਅਸੀ ਤਾਂ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੀ ਧੂੜੀ ਬਰਦਾਰ ਹਾਂ ਕਿਤੇ ਇਕ ਕਿਣਕਾ ਸਾਡੀ ਝੋਲੀ ਵੀ ਪੈ ਜਾਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਜੋ ਇਹ ਉਝੜੀ ਥੇਹ ਵੀ ਹਰਿਆਵਲੀ ਹੋ ਜਾਵੇ।

"ਤੂਟੀ ਤੰਤੁ ਰਬਾਬ ਕੀ ਵਾਜੈ ਨਹੀ ਵਿਜੋਗਿ ॥ਵਿਛੁੜਿਆ ਮੇਲੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਰਿ ਸੰਜੋਗ ॥੩੨॥"

ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰੇ,

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ
ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਤਿਹ॥

Posted by: ਸਿੰਘ (IP Logged)
Date: June 09, 2009 08:35AM

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਚ -

ਸੋ ਅਕਾਲੀ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ, ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਧਹਿਰਾਇ ਜਪੇ ਜਾਪੁ ਗੁਰਬਰ ਅਕਾਲ, ਸਰਬਲੋਹ ਪਹਿਰਾਇ I ੧ I

ਸਰਬਲੋਹ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਕਰਦ......ਛੱਲਾਦਿ, ਬੀਧੇ ਕਾਨ ਨਾ ਨਾਕ ਕੋ, ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮ੍ਰਿਜਾਦ I

ਪਾਤ੍ਰ ਸਰਬ ਸੁ ਲੋਹ ਕੇ, ਭੁਗਤੇ ਅਸਨ ਸੁਆਦਿ ਲੱਕੜੀ ਕੋ ਭੋਜਨ ਭਖੇ, ਨੀਲ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਮਿਰਜਾਦ I

ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਮੈਂ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਕਰ, ਪੰਚ ਜਨਨ ਤੇ ਭਾਗ I

ਤੀਨ ਕਾਲ ਮੇਂ ਨਾਪ ਜਪੁ, ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਕਟ ਫਾਸਿ I

ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਸੀਸ ਪੈ ਰਾਖ ਕੈ, ਬੁੰਗਾ ਊਚਾ ਧਾਰ ਧਰੀ, ਸੁ ਕਲਗੀ ਪੰਥ ਸਿਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹੋਇ ਦਯਾਰ I

ਲੋਹ ਪਾਤ੍ਰ ਮੈਂ ਛਕੈ, ਨੀਲ ਪੀਤ ਧਾਰੇ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਭੂਸ਼ਨ ਲੋਹ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ, ਕੋਟਿ ਗੰਗਾ ਸਮ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਸਮਝੇ......

(Rehatnama - Bhai Dayaa Singh Jee, Jathedaar Panj Payaray)

Date: September 14, 2009 06:10AM

BansaavaleeNaamaa is an historical text which was completed in 1769 by the author Kesar Singh Chebar(born around 1715).
This is a very important source because of its age and also because of the author’s closeness to prominent Gursikhs of those times.

Towards the end of this volume Kesar Singh describes the picture of the Panth in the dark days of the 1700s he states that GurSikhs tried to uphold Guru Jee’s hukam even in difficult times.

ਗੁਰੂ ਕਾ ਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਕੀ ਰਹਿਤ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਕਮਾਵੈ I

In a few paragraphs down he then goes on to say

ਪਰ ਤਿਸ ਸਮੇਂ ਸਿਖ ਆਹੇ ਜਤੀ ਸਤੀ ਰਹਿਤਵਾਨ I

ਪੰਜ ਪੰਜ ਸੱਤ ਸੱਤ ਦਿਨ ਭੁਖੇ ਰਹਿਨ ਪਰ ਐਲਾ ਮੈਲਾ ਧਾਨੁ ਨ ਖਾਨ I

ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਤਪ ਕਰਿ ਤੁਰਕ ਦਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਨਾਸੁ I

ਅਤੇ ਉਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਤਪ ਭਜਨ ਸੀਸ ਦੇਣੇ ਕਰਿ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਹੋਣਾ ਹੈ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸੁ I੫੪I

The Sikhs of those times were Rehatvaan. They would stay hungry for many days because they would not eat food which was not considered Bibek. It is because of such Tap(staying hungry to stay within Hukam) that the enemy was defeated and it is the sacrifices made by these Tapee Bhagtee Gursikhs that will give birth to the glory of Khalsa.

In order for there to be Khalsa Raaj these Tapee Bhagtee Khalsa have to give their Sees(heads). Only then will the world see the glory of the Khalsa.
Guru Sahib will in his own time raise and do Prakash of the Tath Khalsa. He has no choice he has to keep Laaj of his Rehat.
He will to do Racheya!

ਸਰਬਲੋਹਜੀਦੀਸਦਾਰਛਿਆਹਮਨੈ ॥

Posted by: Jarnail Singh "Arshi" Gyani (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2009 01:58AM

Absolutley correct. Wrong parchaar has led to the propogation of the "myth" that Guru Gobind Singh ji only gave us the Khalsa Rehit and Five kakaars..whereas the truth is that these came from Waheguru with the advent of GURU NANAK JI SAHIB.
Guur Gobind Singh ji only Formalised the Rehit since after Him there would be no more Human Gurus..the GURU Khalsa Panth would be in Tabiah of Guru Granth sahib Jee Mahraj. Its the TRUTH that ALL ten Gurus sahibaans kept all the Panj kakaars. No Guru ever wore any topi etc - pics showing Guru nanak ji wearing selhi topi are not factual - Guru ji wore a Dastaar...becasue Guru Ji is never Avar updesseh aap na kareh...what He did..he told us to do.period.
The Enmeies of Sikhi..the dokhis have always tried to separate the Gurus..divide them...First they tried to say that GUru hargobind Ji left the Shaanti Miri etc of the Firts Five GURUS..and began to FIGHT WARS...set up Akal Takhat and lived like a Sacha Patshah...etc etc which is a "departure" from Sikhi of Guru nanak ji sahib.
Then they said that GURU GOBIND SINGH Ji is the one that deserted the Sikhi of the Previous Guurs..set up the Khalsa Panth etc etc.
THIS si all utter RUBBISH. The Nanak JYOT is ONE..and it runs uninterrupted through the TEN Nanaks and is Now in the GURU GRANTH JI and GURU KHALSA PANTH JI.
The nemeies stll havent given up..NOW they ATTACK the Guru Garnth Ji by having dehdharee Guurs...and they attack the Guru Khalsa panth through its Rehit, its SikH Rehat maryada etc etc. Their strategy is two fold..Attack the twin Pillars of Guru Granth - Guru Panth..and its a FREE FOR ALL...anyone can become Guru..and start his own panth...wouldnt the Radha soamis, the bhanaiyaras, the ram rahims all just LOVE such a situation...thats exactly what they have been gunning for the past 500 years....

jrnYl isMG igAwnI "ArSI"

Date: January 21, 2010 02:54PM

Gyani Gian Singh in his Panth Prakash has written the following that was said by one of the later Sardars of the Shaheedan Misl.

........ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਚੁਗਲੀ ਚੋਰੀ ਯਾਰੀ I ਮਤਸਰ ਹੰਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਤਜੋ ਵਿਚਾਰੀ ਦੁਹੂ ਲੋਕ ਮੈ ਇਹ ਦੁਖ ਦੈਹੈ I

ਤਨ ਇਨਕੇ ਕਿਨ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਭਜੈ ਹੈ I ਜਾਇ ਜਹਾਂ ਨਿਤ ਬਸਨੋ ਆਹਿ I ਸਚਖੰਡ ਸਤ ਗੁਰੂ ਆਪਾਹਿ I

ਸ੍ਵਾਸ ਸ੍ਵਾਸ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਪੀਐ I ਗੁਰਬਾਨੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਤ ਰਸ ਅਪੀਐ I ...........

Notice the mention of doing Svaas Svaas Gurmantar Jaap

Posted by: Inder singh (IP Logged)
Date: February 26, 2010 07:35AM

Sikhism had ten Gurus and our religion evolved during that period.It was Guru Gobind singh ji who created khalsa panth in 1699.Sarblohi rehat was given by Guru Gobind singh ji.

There are people who propagate their own theories against it.

Posted by: Akaalee (IP Logged)
Date: June 01, 2010 06:16AM

Although I agree Guru Gobind Singh Jee gave the final formation for the Khalsa but I don’t think anything was brought out of the blue, Sarbloh and Shashters were part of Sikhee from Dhur.

Shahsters during the time of Guru Jee were part of daily life for everyone in society. You had to take it upon yourself to defend against wild animals and robbers. I can’t see anyone travelling long distance without some sort of Shaster even if it was a stick. So it would have been normal for GurSikhs at the time to carry Shasters from an individual point of view. It was not until Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee that a formal collective army was raised and some rules were formalised.

Posted by: admin (IP Logged)
Date: June 02, 2010 08:47AM

Bump

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib