ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Bibek Veechar
Posted by: ਸਿੰਘ (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2009 02:39PM

When I started another one of my Sehaj Paaths the following pangtee struck me, it’s on ang 28.

ਸੋਜਨੁਰਲਾਇਆਨਾਰਲੈਜਿਸੁਅੰਤਰਿਬਿਬੇਕਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥੨॥

I think the correct pad ched of this pangtee should be:

ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਰਲਾਇਆ ਨਾ ਰਲੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥੨॥

This pangtee drilled home the thoughts and experiences of Bibek. It states that those who follow Bibek will stay distinct and separate from others.

Bibek means Veechar but what is Veechar in terms of Gurmat? Bhai Randhir Singh has summed up the meaning of Gurmat Bibek in one Gurbanee pangtee

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਬਚਨਕਮਾਵਣੇਸਚਾਏਹੁਵੀਚਾਰੁ

I think the correct pad ched of this pangtee should be:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬਚਨ ਕਮਾਵਣੇ ਸਚਾ ਏਹੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥

Gurbanee tells us that to follow Guru Jee’s instructions/Hukams is True Bibek. So for Bibekee GurSikhs every hukam every line of Gurbanee has to be followed in his life. You can not really call yourself a Bibekee unless you claim to follow Gurmat completely. In reality there are very few Bibekees out there. In fact a Sikh is a Bibekee he can not be a Sikh without Bibek Veechar.

Through out my experience of Sikhee I have noticed that those who follow Gurmat will stay distinct in every aspect of life both in thought and physically. Right from the most important element of Naam to all worldly actions. It is true to say Singha Da Panth Nirala Hey. You will find that Bibekee’s will be distinct from non-Bibikees in Naam, in their appearance, in food, in utensils, their behaviour and virtually all practical aspects of their life. Rehat plays a major part in keeping the distinction and protects one from merging into the illusion.

Non-Bibekees and True Bibekees GurSikhs will not merge in ideology and thought even if they are together in a physical sense. The Dharam for the non-bibekee is the world their actions will be dictated by how the world reacts to them, whereas a True Bibekee only sees this world as an illusion in which he is being tested. The Dharam of the false world does not fit into the Dharam of Truth. Guru Jee says that

ਭਗਤਾਤੈਸੈਸਾਰੀਆਜੋੜੁਕਦੇਨਆਇਆ

Now if the two can not mix then how does a True Bibekee behave towards the Non-Bibekee. First and foremost he is has to believe he is the dust of everyone and neech in terms of others. If he does not have this mindset then he will not go far. He should appreciate that Guru Jee has given him something that others have not got.

It does not really matter if others think you are better than them it’s what you think that counts. In reality the ones that punch the statement of superiority really don’t think you are any better than them otherwise they wouldn’t be questioning, ridiculing and talking bad about you. This is because their Haume and Haunkar doesn’t let them see anything else.

Everyone here is here according to their Karams. Who is wrong who is right? When everything is being done in Akal Purkhs play.

ਜਿਤੁਜਿਤੁਲਾਏਤਿਤੁਤਿਤੁਲਾਗੇਕਿਆਕੋਕਰੈਪਰਾਨੀ

So to talk down and negatively about others is incomprehensible if you claim to be a Bibekee. What would be the need to talk down of others? what does that achieve? You end up doing damage to yourself. If you think something needs correcting then do it in a manner where it will make a change. However if you find it still does not make a difference then leave them to their karams there’s still no need to talk bad of them. You just don’t get involved with them.

Even if you can not merge with Non-Bibekees you have to still see Good in them. If you can do Gunha dee Sanjh with them without having to sacrifice any principles then that’s the ideal scenario but in reality this is rare. You really can not call yourself a True Bibekee unless you can see Good in others. I was reading the following pangtee the other day

ਸੁਖੀਏਕਉਪੇਖੈਸਭਸੁਖੀਆਰੋਗੀਕੈਭਾਣੈਸਭਰੋਗੀ

I think the correct pad ched should be

ਸੁਖੀਏ ਕਉ ਪੇਖੈ ਸਭ ਸੁਖੀਆ ਰੋਗੀ ਕੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਸਭ ਰੋਗੀ ॥

If someone is Sukhee inside then he will see others as Sukhee, if someone is a rougee then he will see others as rougee. Your actions reflect the state you are inside.

Without Bibek we are lost in this world:

ਅੰਤਰਿਲੋਭਹਲਕੁਦੁਖੁਭਾਰੀਬਿਨੁਬਿਬੇਕਭਰਮਾਇ ॥੧॥

We have attained this life after good deeds and without Bibek it is wasted

ਦੁਲਭਜਨਮੁਪੁੰਨਫਲਪਾਇਓਬਿਰਥਾਜਾਤਅਬਿਬੇਕੈ

It is only with keeping Bibek that we will see from inside

ਕਰਹੁਬਿਬੇਕੁਸੰਤਜਨਭਾਈਖੋਜਿਹਿਰਦੈਦੇਖਿਢੰਢੋਲੀ

It is hard to see many True Bibekee GurSikhs these days, they will always be few but will stand out and be distinct. If it wasn’t for these GurSikhs a lot of what we believe fundamental in Sikhee would have been watered down by now. It’s tough when you’re outnumbered but Dhan is Akaal who gives the courage for the battle.

Re: Bibek Veechar
Posted by: ਖਾਲਸਾ (IP Logged)
Date: October 14, 2009 05:43AM

Gurbanee says the way to realise Akaal Purkh is to become dead while yet alive.

ਤਬਜਾਨਿਆਜਬਜੀਵਤਮੂਆ

This is repeated again and again in Gurbanee. For us to implement this hukam in our lives we have to become distinct and there has to be some sort of separation from the world. You have to live in the world without living. Only those who have done this have realised the truth. One can not do Bhagtee otherwise.
When one see’s this world as false ਝੂਠਾ ਜਗੁ only then can you see truth.

The only way to create this distinction is to practice Bibek. With every hukam we accept and implement we will be killing ourselves until we can say we are ਜੀਵਤ ਮੂਆ

Therefore to find Gurmukhs who are dead is very rare. Not every one can do this and that is why everyone has thier own role and part in Akaal Purkh's play.

Re: Bibek Veechar
Posted by: admin (IP Logged)
Date: June 02, 2010 08:43AM

Bump

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib