ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Jathedar Bhai Mohinder Singh Jee Kala Sanghiaan
Posted by: TarnveerSingh (IP Logged)
Date: November 18, 2009 07:23PM

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaaVaahegurooJeeKeeFateh!

Sangat Jee, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share stories about Bhai Sahib, or their experiences and interactions with him. Anything about Jathedar Sahib's jeevan, personal rehat, daily routine, etc. I know he has done seva in AKJ Amrit Sanchaars for years, and that he is very strict in Sarbloh bibek.

Also, where in Punjab does Bhai Sahib live currently? Has he ever travelled abroad? Does he do also do keertan seva, and are there any recordings?

From the little I know, he seems like a Singh from puraatan times. Would love to have his darshan and sangat some day.

Tarnveer Singh

Re: Jathedar Bhai Mohinder Singh Jee Kala Sanghiaan
Posted by: Sukhdeep SIngh (IP Logged)
Date: November 19, 2009 03:42PM

There was an article on Panthic Org but I can no longer find it. The article mentioned how Bhai Sahib was a staunch follower of Gurmat who was strict in AMrit Vela, Naam SImran, Sarab Loh Bibek,etc. The article also mentioned how Bhai Sahib made many sacrifices during the conflicts of 84.

Posted by: 13khalsa (IP Logged)
Date: November 22, 2009 02:49PM

It’s not good to be doing sifat of someone that is still alive as we don’t know what tomorrow will bring, it does not benefit them or you.

However as you have asked some questions I would try to attempt to point out the facts I know. But before I go any further I would like to mention that Bhai Sahib is not perfect and is under Bhulan Haar. So there are things that we may not agree on and other faults which Guru Sahib only Knows.

The first time I met Bhai Sahib was over 10 years ago. It is at this period where I got to know a bit about his background. He is a Singh of Bhai Randhir Singh’s time and he had many a story to tell about the Smaagams of those times, he used to mention Gursikhs floating and being in bliss for hours. I was also fortunate to hear his account of him coming into Sikhee, I can’t recall it in detail but it was based on meeting a dark demon.

He is of a group of very few Singhs left from Bhai Sahib’s time that have kept full rehat, unfortunately these Singhs are a dying breed and its only because of such Singhs that the Jatha is surviving there is not much hope in the following generations in India. I can only see the next batch of rangley sajan coming from outside India, this is the only place where you can see glimpses of hope.

kala Sangha is a large Pind and it became famous in the early 1980s again when Singhs from Babar Khalsa became active from and near that area. Bhai Mohinder Singh became an easy target for the police as he was the prominent Jatha Singh in the area, he would always get picked up when something happened. He would regularly get tortured but would always joke about how Guru Jee sends the Police around just to test his Singhs.

Because of his Principles, Rehat and Gurmat Veechar Bhai Sahib was always given seva as Jathedaar in the Panj where ever Singhs of rehat would organise their programs.
I recall big known Singh’s of the time turning back when they used hear Bhai Sahib was in the Panj. Everyone was afraid of going pesh when he was there, I mean so they should be it defeats the object if there is no fear. On the other hand people wanting to take Amrit in full rehat environment would come from afar a field to be at the Amrit Sanchaars where Bhai Sahib did seva.

The politicians in the Jatha would keep their distance on certain matters with him as they know that some things don’t mix. Even the Jathedaree till this date has not been given by the Politicians in the Jatha rather it is from GurSikhs outside this circle.

Everyone no matter what their views will not question his honesty. Honesty is a very rare commodity in India as some of you might know. It’s not their fault i think sometimes the whole society and environment is built up like that. So to find someone you can trust there is rare.

Bhai Sahib rarely eats away from home and maybe that’s because he knows more than others from his seva in the Panj but never shares this. His has not compromised certain Gurmat Principles even when it involves his family. That’s probably why his not like any of his brothers.

As for your question on his keertan, I don’t think you will find anything on the net. I’ve only seen him doing keertan at small programs and sometimes in the early days of the Bibeksaar Smaagams.

He's never been abroad and I don't think he is ever likely to come abroad because of his views on the Kirpan being taken off.

Posted by: Abhiyaasee (IP Logged)
Date: November 23, 2009 06:20AM

Vweerjee, if u have any contact with him via telephone or anything then ask him somin more. and tell us of his coming into sikhi. That's all laha for the cyber sangat.

Please aih udam karo 13khalsa jio

Posted by: TarnveerSingh (IP Logged)
Date: November 23, 2009 01:07PM

13khalsa jee, thanks for all the great info. Sorry if it sounded like I was doing sifat-salaah of Jathedaar Sahib, or that I wanted sangat to do so. This is not my intent at all. I simply want to know more about him as a GurSikh. He can be a wonderful role model for young Sikhs in this dark age of Kaljug.

I knew he wouldn't compromise on the kirpaan issue in terms of travelling abroad, but thought I'd ask anyway. If anyone has ANY recording of Bhai Sahib, please let us know. It would only benefit the sangat to hear them.

13khalsa jee, I can't agree with you more on your observations regarding the current state of the Jatha. There is no other reason to overlook Bhai Sahib as Jathedaar of AKJ except for the misguided and "kursee"-motivated desires of a select few. Namely, the "committee" which formed after Jathedaar Raam Singh Jee's death, during the fiasco with Panchainee Baldev "Singh."

But after Puran Jee passed away, we all know that Bhai Sahib Mohinder Singh Jee was chosen as Jathedaar by the international sangat through Gurmat-oriented methods and vichaars. I cannot believe that so many world famous keertanees and other respected members of AKJ have willingly chosen to support Bakhshish Singh instead.

Unfortunately, this is what I would expect from today's current mainstream Jatha sangat, especially the keertanee sevaks themselves. There is far too much emphasis on the best vaja tunes and tabla players, who can do Vaaheguroo Vaaheguroo Jaap the fastest, and which keertanees "ripped it" or "tore it up" at xyz Rainsabaaee. We have people who currently fly around the world to as many samaagams as possible, wherever there's an open vaja, to do "seva"... and yet some of these same characters have engaged in sexual advances towards young girls, openly defy Akal Takhat's hukamnaamey, support anti-Dasam Granth panth nindaks, and more.

And worst, most of these current Jatha Singhs have NO interest in panthic issues like the threat from RSS, Dera 'Chootaa' Sauda/dehdhaaree babey, the maryaadaa violations at our Takhats and Sri Harmandir Sahib, the jujhaaroo sangarsh, etc. And from what I've seen firsthand, I have doubts how much emphasis is given to other core rehats like bibek, amritvelaa, nitnem, baanaa, etc. The most important thing has now become which samaagam to attend, and who will get time to do keertan. Such a shame.

Sorry to ramble and get so off-topic. If any premee has any more information regarding Jathedaar Bhai Mohinder Singh Jee, please share it with us. He is a shining example of a true Rehatvaan puraatan Singh living amongst us today.

Tarnveer Singh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 06:27AM by admin.

Posted by: IApple (IP Logged)
Date: November 24, 2009 02:54AM

Can we keep all the negativity away from this post like the whole who's jathadaar issue, this post is about Bhai Mohinder Singh.

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib