ਪ੍ਰਥਮਰਹਿਤਯਹਿਜਾਨਖੰਡੇਕੀਪਾਹੁਲਛਕੇ॥ ਸੋਈਸਿੰਘਪ੍ਰਧਾਨਅਵਰਨਪਾਹੁਲਜੋਲਏ॥

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Rust in Amrit (for baby)
Posted by: Akaaal (IP Logged)
Date: February 06, 2010 03:30PM

WaheguruJiKaKhalsaWaheguruJiKiFateh

We recently had a baby, and I prepared Kirpan Da Amrit to give to the Baby (did Sri Japji Sahib with Patasay in a small Sarbloh Bowl). After the baby was born, and Amrit given, the Amrit sat in the Bata for a few hours, and as a result rust formed in the bowl,and the Amrit now has an orange color (diluted with rust). My wife is supposed to drink the remaining Amrit, but since it has rust in it, we are afraid that it could cause health problems to her, and as a result also effect our newborn (through breast milk). What can we do in this situation? Please advise. Thanks

Re: Rust in Amrit (for baby)
Posted by: Takhat Singh (IP Logged)
Date: February 06, 2010 04:43PM

A small amount of oxidized iron in water is not something to worry about. Unless it is badly rusty, I wouldn't worry much about it. I have myself had this kind of water on a few occassions and had no health side-effects. A few hours in a bata won't make the water poisonous.

Posted by: Jangbir (IP Logged)
Date: February 11, 2010 03:44AM

Vaheguru Ji

Take EVERY precaution before putting your wife or newborn child at risk. I'm not doubting what Takhat Singh said, but just want to state that the affects of rust on a newborn child or the content of breast milk is not known to every random person. Consult a physician IMHO

vaheguru

Posted by: keet (IP Logged)
Date: February 12, 2010 01:33PM

jo gur k bhaanay gursikh chaleya..
dhan dhan so gursikh kahiai jo satgur charnee jai peya

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib