ਨਸਾਜ਼ੋਨਬਾਜ਼ੋਨਫ਼ੌਜੋਨਫ਼ਰਸ਼॥ਖ਼ੁਦਾਵੰਦਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਿੰਦਹਿਐਸ਼ਿਅਰਸ਼॥੪॥ (ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮੁਖਵਾਕ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ੧੦॥)

Akal Purakh Kee Rachha Hamnai, SarbLoh Dee Racchia Hamanai

View Post Listing    |    Search    

Ajappa Jaap
Posted by: singh05 (IP Logged)
Date: November 06, 2007 04:40PM

Pyario,

What is the state of Ajappa Jaap or what is Ajappa Jaap?

Re: Ajappa Jaap
Posted by: Khalsaspirit (IP Logged)
Date: November 07, 2007 08:37AM

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa jio,

This is what our tush budhi can think of
Ajappa jaap: Means continuous jaap.
That state comes when we keep doing Gurmantar jaap with our rasna (mouth).

ਅਜਪਾ ਜਾਪੁ ਜਪੈ ਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮ ॥

Bhai Kulbir Singh jio can tell more.

Guru Mehar karay

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2007 08:39AM by admin.

Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 08, 2007 06:24AM

The following is based on "Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee" book of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee. Bhai Sahib has written in detail about Ajappa Jaap. He writes that some people interpret Ajappa Jaap as such jaap that goes on inside but the Rasna (tongue) does not move i.e. its not done in Baikhree Baani (audibly). He writes, what calamity would befall on the saadhak (devotee who japps Naam) if he were to also use his tongue. Ajappa Jaap is such jaap that cannot be japped. In other words, Jaap that has no stopping, i.e. jaap that is incessant and unstoppable. Ajappa Jaap is "naa japiya jaan waala jaap" i.e. jaap that continues without ending. There is no condition whether one is using Baikhree Baani, Madham Baani, Para or Pasanti baani. The only condition is that the jaap must go on, no matter what the baani (mode of sound).

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: nihung (IP Logged)
Date: November 08, 2007 01:07PM

Posted by: Ekta Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 08, 2007 01:22PM

Bhai Kulbir Singh singh jee do u have the english translation of "Gurmat Naam Abhyaas Kamaayee" Or do u have the book in english translation?

Also Is their any books of Bhai Sahib being trnslated into english at the moment?

Date: November 09, 2007 06:32AM

Ekta Singh jeeo, I am not aware of any English translation of this book. This book was the first book of Bhai Sahib that I had read and it was mind-blowing. For the first time I had heard of Naam in detail througt this book. This book was partly written to counter and refute misunderstandings and misstatements about Naam. This book contains excellent and detailed exlanation on the concept of Naam. The pauris of Suniai and Manai written in Siri Jap jee Sahib and Sarang kee Vaar have been discussed in detail. One gets good understanding of Naam, reading this book.

Also, I am not aware of any English translations of Bhai Sahib's books being done at this time.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

Date: November 09, 2007 06:41AM

Bhai Sahib has 40 books, imagine if they all were translated into english it would be awesome!!

Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 10, 2007 01:05PM

Bhai Kulbir Singh ji said
He writes, what calamity would befall on the saadhak (devotee who japps Naam) if he were to also use his tongue.

Veerjee mai samjheya nahi :(

Is Bhai Sahib saying that...

1.) it is ok, it is normal to use rasna while japp'ing Naam during Ajapa Jaap ?
2.) one should NOT use rasna while japp'ing Naam during Ajapa Jaap ?
3.) Ajapa Jaap is when rasna is not used and it goes on within the shardhalu, even sometimes without him/her being aware of it ?

Thank you Veerjee

Date: November 12, 2007 07:15AM

Veer Mehtab Singh jeeo, what I meant was option "1" in the above post. Some people claim that during Ajappa Jaap, rasna should not be used at all but Bhai Sahib says that what would go wrong if Rasna too would get involved during this Jaap. He says something along the lines that what calamity would befall if rasna gets to get involved in this jaap.

Kulbir Singh

Posted by: Mehtab Singh (IP Logged)
Date: November 12, 2007 08:03AM

Vaaheguroo! Excellent! Thank you Bhai Sahib jee :)

Date: November 12, 2007 09:32AM

What does it feel like when this naam is going by itself inside, can vaaheguroo vaaheguroo still be ehard without repeating the gurmanter. Also when one achieves his stage is sirman going when one talks and sleeps?

How does one reach this stage, any special ways or routines or paaths?

© 2007-2024 Gurdwara Tapoban Sahib